This site provides useful information to decision makers & production & QC personnel of Malaysia manufacturing companies who plan to implement Real-time SPC (Statistical Process Control) software to improve their process and quality control operation.
Embarking on an Real-time SPC software project is a challenging endeavour. However, the results are truly fulfilling in terms of both operational and business benefits if it is done correctly.
The information given here will equip you with knowledge on Real-time SPC software application and what to anticipate in terms of project preparation & management, common implementation issues & pitfalls (with case studies of Malaysia scenario) so that your factory can achieve the objectives of improving customer satisfaction, reducing quality problems and QC cost, manpower saving and other benefits.
Typical scenarios of SPC (Statistical Process Control) Implementation in Malaysia
- SPC is mostly implemented on Paper or by using MS Excel as SPC Software.
- SPC is normally implemented off-line for Analysis purposes with the key purpose of providing SPC reports for customers
- SPC is rarely implemented as a preventive QC System to improve quality, reduce Cost of Poor Quality and to improve Productivity (except in some established multinational manufacturers).
The above scenario is due to the following Issues:
- Lack of Knowledge And Understanding regarding SPC (from Management to Engineers to Operators)
- The Sheer Amount of Data Collection And Additional Paperwork Required
- Availability of Cheap Foreign Workers
However, there are a number of factories who have benefited significantly from implementing Online SPC software in Malaysia ranging from semiconductor, electronics.
A Typical Real-time SPC Software Implemented by these Multinational Manufacturers have the following Features:
- Plant-wide Networked SPC System (In-coming, In-Process, Out-going)
- Automated and Semi-Automated Data Collection from Measurement Equipment
- Real-time SPC Analysis And Alert to Production Personnel using Towerlight and Email
- Automated Software Workflow that coordinates problem solving from initial identification of quality problem until the problem is resolved and verified by authorized personnel
The Key Benefits Enjoyed by these Manufacturers in their SPC Implementations
- Reduce Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ) i.e. Loss of Business, Customer Claims, Scraps, Rework, Good Return, Late Delivery, etc
- Reduce Data Collection and Report Preparation Time, Labour and Errors
- Have a 24×7 Preventive Quality Control System
- Immediate response for customer complaints investigation.
- Minimize preparation time and effort for customer and certification body audit.
- Minimize paper and storage for data